The DriveSales™ | Best Telesales techniques and strategies to increase sales conversion exponentially!
Let us first understand what does Telesales mean? This is a type of marketing strategy which involves calling potential or existing customers and selling a product or a service directly on the phone.
There are mainly two types of Telesales, they are inbound and outbound.
1. Inbound Telesales — This is when a potential customer reaches out to your company to inquire about any sort of product or service.
2. Outbound Telesales — This on the other hand is calling potential clients who are not particularly interested in services provided by the company and trying to get them involved.
Keep in mind Telesales and telemarketing are not the same except for the use of ‘tele’ in them they are not as similar as they seem at the root of it, Telesales is selling directly to the customer via call but telemarketing has a broader area.
Here are the proven and highly recommended sales practices for Telesales business and individuals:
1. Generating leads — As a Telesales executive, it is important to generate leads this can be done by calling potential or existing clients and enlightening them about the new offers and services provided by the company. one can follow a script To qualify potential ready-to-buy customers or customers interested in the service but might need a little more persuasion to do so.
2. Sales — Just creating awareness about the product and services might not work and time hence working closely with the marketing team and gathering information about the previous sales might help make clear the target audience of the company. by targeting the rights audience one can make direct sales to them. This is time-efficient, and it also makes sure that resources aren’t wasted.
3. Establishing goals — This is particularly important to keep a check on how well the company is doing and how employees are performing. Having a minimum number of calls set for each employee I will help in increasing efficiency and will also increase leads and sales.
4. Customer is King — Keeping a customer happy is what one must focus on hence providing excellent customer service will keep the customer happy and sell more products. This is also a way of earning client loyalty in making sure that your clients are happy with your services. This can be done by having a 24-hour working customer service helpline where the customers can reach out to executives and get help in solving the difficulties they are facing.
5. Rapport building — Selling on the phone might be a difficult task. having social skills is particularly important hence if the executive can connect with the client on a personal level it will help sell the product. How does one build rapport? Well, this can simply be achieved by showing a little empathy and friendliness, once rapport is established it becomes very easy to persuade potential clients into enrolling themselves into the services offered by the company.
Now, as an effective SALESPERSON! We can do three things from here.
1. Not ignoring the opportunity and blaming the situation for revenue loss.
2. Taking important notes and going back to revisit your sales strategy with the growth mindset.
3. Reaching out to The DriveSales™ if you need any specialized help for sales.
To conclude, what you choose to think also provides some idea of your development as a consultative salesperson. It is something like Seth Godin’s quote “There’s no shortage for remarkable ideas, what’s missing is the will to execute them.”