The DriveSales™ | Cold email? Yes, it does work, let’s learn to write winning cold emails for sales!
Most people do not even open emails that they do not find important or relevant because of their busy schedules. Modern techniques like social media marketing are the hero nowadays, but cold emails have not worn out yet!
A good number of conversions can be made just through cold emails. Yes, you read it right! Just through cold emails! Want to know how?
Just follow the steps listed below and see how people not only open your mail but also respond to them!
1) Make a list of your targeted audience — How will you make conversions if your mail does not reach the right audience? To make sure that you are spending your time and efforts on the right people, it is better to prepare a list of your targeted audience before sending any mails.
2) Find leads — The question is how to find the email addresses of your targeted audience? You can find them through various social media platforms, specifically, LinkedIn. LinkedIn is one of the best sources to find professionals and their contact info. You can use LinkedIn Sales Navigator to gather such email addresses.
3) Attractive subject line — Think what would capture your targeted audience’s attention and then write your subject line. Your subject line should be attractive and relevant to the needs of the target. Also, make sure that you open your email with an effective line which makes your audience read till the end.
4) Short & comprehensive matter — We live in a busy world where time is considered as money; people do not have much time to read your email. So, you must make your matter short and to the point to increase your chances of having a response.
5) Personalize — If you want your target to open your mail and respond, you must personalize every single email you send. Some easy ways to personalize emails are by using their name in the greeting, mentioning their work or achievements, and complimenting them.
6) Start conversations — Your first email’s motive should be to start a conversation instead of selling. You can write about your industry or share an article to make a good first impression.
7) Closing — It is important to close your email with a clear call to action. This assists in getting a response from your target. You can ask them to get in touch with you or allow you to follow up.
Now, as a real SALESPERSON! We can do three things from here.
1) Ignoring the opportunity and blaming the situation for low revenue.
2) Taking important notes and going back to revisit your sales strategy with the growth mindset.
3) Reaching out to us if you need any specialized help for sales.
To conclude, what you choose to think also provides some idea of your development as a consultative salesperson. It is something like an H. Jackson Brown JR. quote, “Nothing is more expensive than a missed opportunity.”