The DriveSales™ | How to leverage Pinterest and generate real qualified sales leads!
Pinterest is an American photo and small size animation sharing platform where people share their ideas and inspiration, these can be saved in the form of pinboards. Pinterest is different from other social networking platforms as it has a lot of aesthetically pleasing content on it from which people and influencers can take inspiration.
Why one should add Pinterest to their sales strategies?
Pinterest was first introduced into the market in 2010, exactly 10 years ago. Now with a reach of over 277 million ‘Pinners’. One may term the platform as a photo book of just aesthetic weddings and pretty dresses but that is not all it is about. Pinterest is home to every topic under the sun, from memes to business tips. Not tapping into this would be like getting a beautiful mansion and giving it to your dog.
Here are the proven and highly recommended sales strategies to generate leads using Pinterest:
1) Sign up as a business account — This is the first and one of the most important steps. Having a business account provides you with important tools to promote your business. Signing up for a business account is just like signing up for a personal account, if you already have a personal account you can upgrade it to a business account without any difficulty.
2) SEO your Pinterest — Doing this will benefit your profile, your board, and also your pin.
● How does one SEO their Pinterest profile?
Well, Pinterest allows you to include about 30 characters below pictures. This is where the space for SEO (though not a lot) comes in, you can mention your name and your business name.
● How to SEO boards?
It might sound cool to name your Pinterest board something fancy but for a business that isn’t the right choice. Make sure your boards have a clear yet short name to give users a clear picture of what the board and the business. Also, make sure to add long-tail keywords. The description is a must hence make sure it is readable.
● How to SEO individual pins?
A pin has several parts, from description to comments and one has to optimize all of it. A pin has to be eye-catchy and yet useful. One can do this by keeping up with trends and having funny, relatable content on their board.
3) Quirky catches the eye — Make your pins stand out. Most of the audiences on this platform are looking for thighs that are not mainstream. I mean if they wanted mainstream they might as well have seen it on Facebook. The audience here is young as established before and also in the look for unique things. Make sure your board is just that. Quirky sells to millennial.
These are a few ways one can generate leads using Pinterest. Never underestimate the power of social media. It can make or break things.
Now, as an effective SALESPERSON! We can do three things from here.
1) Not ignoring the opportunity and blaming the situation for revenue loss.
2) Taking important notes and going back to revisit your sales strategy with the growth mindset.
3) Reaching out to Drive Sales if you need any specialized help for sales.
To conclude, what you choose to think also provides some idea of your development as a consultative salesperson. It is something like Albert Einstein’s quote, “The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.”