The DriveSales™ | How to prepare and make a successful sales call to prospects!
Sales call has always been one of the most popular ways of reaching your prospect, but most people get annoyed when they get unsolicited sales calls. According to a survey, 50% of the salespeople give up on potential customers after making minimal attempts. It was concluded that it takes about 8–10 attempts to reach a potential customer. When you reach a prospect after putting so much effort, you would never like to mess it up right?
Are you tired of doing calls and failing every time you try? Are you looking for ways in which you can make conversions through sales calls? Worry not! We are here to guide you throughout!
Follow these simple steps listed below and meet your targets in no time!
1) Open with a positive attitude — Start with a happy tone and a nice greeting. You need to understand that professionals have busy schedules and they might get irritated on receiving a sales call. Starting with a positive attitude will help you deal with this. Always ask whether they are free at the moment to talk or should you call back again when the time is good.
2) Compliment your prospects — When you compliment someone, they usually try to live up to your expectations. Complimenting them would create a positive environment which is beneficial when you are about to make your sales pitch.
3) Pace — Try to maintain a not too fast or not too slow pace while talking. If you speak too fast, it would be difficult to understand, moreover, it would feel like you have learned your answers. If you speak too slowly, it would imply that you are nervous and under-confident.
4) Give energetic vibes — Don’t sound tired while speaking, the vibes you give your prospect has a great impact on their decision. You can walk while talking to help you with this.
5) Don’t get diverted — Speak only what is needed, don’t get diverted from the topic. Overburdening your prospect with information will do no good but create confusion.
6) Be an active listener — Meeting or call, active listening is essential for both. Sales are not only about talking but also listening to the problems of your prospect and being empathetic towards them.
7) Proper planning — Plan for every call you make, gather details about your prospect, analyze their pain points, and then make your call. With proper planning and preparation, you will surely have a positive outcome.
8) Closure — It is essential to close the deal appropriately. If your prospect asks for time to get back to you, set up a date and time when you can follow up.
Now, as an effective SALESPERSON! We can do three things from here.
1) Ignoring the opportunity and blaming the situation for revenue loss.
2) Taking important notes and going back to revisit your sales strategy with the growth mindset.
3) Reaching out to us if you need any specialized help for sales.
To conclude, what you choose to think also provides some idea of your development as a consultative salesperson. It is something like Albert Einstein’s quotes “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.”