The DriveSales™ | How to sell successfully working remotely!
When you and your prospect are in different places during the entire process, it is known as remote sales. People find it hard to believe that selling remotely can be as effective as field sales.
The fact is remote sales are as productive as field sales. All you need is the right technique and you can meet your targets like a bat out of hell! Are you trying to sell remotely and wondering how to succeed? Do not worry, whether you are selling remotely willingly or because of the ongoing pandemic, we are here to guide you throughout!
Follow the steps listed below and watch your sales escalate!
1) Build personal connections — Prefer video calling over the phone. Knowing the face behind the voice assists in creating trust and connecting more. Try to use a friendly and informal tone while talking. Discuss other things too apart from business to build a personal bond.
2) Track your prospects — Track how much time your prospect spends on your website, if they open your email or click on the links provided. All these can be done through analytics and various technologies available online.
3) Expand your network — Expanding your network via social media platforms is a good thing while you sit at home. You would have gone for lunch or club with your prospects to expand your network if you were working on the field, but as for now, you should do the same via social media platforms.
4) Make a routine — Make a proper routine and organize your meetings. You can set up reminders to help you with following the routine you make.
5) Be an early bird — Make it a habit to wake up early in the morning. You will find more time during the day if you get up early. Usually, business professionals have a habit of waking up early. You can set up coffee meetings over a video call in the morning.
6) Use content for selling — Post good content on your social media handles. This helps you attract a good number of prospects and get in touch with them.
7) Prepare well for your presentations — You are unable to present yourself to your prospect for a face to face interaction. Your presentation is all you have got for representing yourself, your ideas, and of course your product. Therefore, it is essential to prepare good materials for your presentation.
Now, as an effective SALESPERSON! We can do three things from here.
1) Ignoring the opportunity and blaming the situation for revenue loss.
2) Taking important notes and going back to revisit your sales strategy with the growth mindset.
3) Reaching out to us if you need any specialized help for sales.
To conclude, what you choose to think also provides some idea of your growth mindset. It is something like a Mike Ditka’s quote, “Success is about taking advantage of the opportunity.”