The DriveSales™ | Proven and highly recommended sales strategies for IT companies selling services!
Information Technology, commonly known as IT, is associated with the use of computers for storing, transmitting, and manipulating data or information. Anything related to computer technology is known as IT. Some top Indian IT companies include Tata Consultancy Services, Infosys, Wipro, HCL Technologies, etc.
As stated by India Brand Equity Foundation, IT & BPM companies in India have set up more than 1,000 global delivery centres in approximately 80 countries across the world. IT & BPM industry’s revenue was anticipated to be around US$ 191 billion in FY20. It is expected to reach US$ 350 billion by the end of 2025.
IT services mean applying technical expertise to assist organizations in creating, managing, or optimizing information and business processes. It can be segmented into various categories — business process, application, and infrastructure services.
If you are trying to find answers to questions like how to sell more services to your existing clients or how to attract new clients for your IT Company, then navigate the tips listed below and take your sales to the next level!
1) Sell benefits — People will buy your services only if they feel it’s beneficial for them. The benefit that your service provides is its worth. No one wants to purchase something useless for them. Identify the value of your service and then try to convince your prospects of how taking your service can make their lives easier.
2) Offer comprehensible services — Never complicate your services, if your prospects are unable to understand your service, you will get a ‘no’ from their side. The best way to simplify your services is to present them in two to three tiers. This will help your prospects to understand your offerings easily and decide which one will be the most beneficial to them.
3) Use Social Media for promotion — Social media is one of the best platforms to promote your services. Create your account on all the platforms where you think you will find a relevant audience. Try to reach connect to those people whom you want to target and then have an informal chat. Post regularly about your services to make them aware of your offerings.
4) Set crystal clear expectations — It is better to clear out some points before the deal to avoid future confusion and ambiguity. You should form a service-level agreement that could define what expectations you uphold and the things that you are responsible for are.
5) Do not price too high — If you want to inspire loyalty and build long term relationships with your clients, charging them too high would not be a great option. This does not mean that you should give away your services just like that. Being expensive is not wrong, but your service should be worth it.
6) Build relationships of trust — Gaining the trust of your clients is important, especially when you are dealing with services. Consistently delivering your promises is one of the best ways to create trustable bonds with your clients. Try to over-deliver whenever it is possible, your prospects will soon start trusting and appreciating your work.
7) Provide excellent work — In the end, it’s your work that will make or break your business. If you want to grow your business, provide excellent work. Once you prove yourself to your existing clients, it becomes easy for the new ones to trust you. Moreover, if your existing customers are satisfied, they would recommend your services to others as well.
Now, as an effective SALESPERSON! We can do three things from here.
1) Ignoring the opportunity and blaming the situation for revenue loss.
2) Taking important notes and going back to revisit your sales strategy with the growth mindset.
3) Reach out to The DriveSales™ if you need any specialized help for sales.
To conclude, what you choose to think also provides some idea of your growth mindset. It is something like Paul Solarz’s quote, “Collaboration allows us to know more than we are capable of knowing ourselves.”