The DriveSales™ | Proven and highly recommended sales strategies for telecom companies!
Any company which provides voice transmission service is a Telecom Company. If a company manufactures telephones, it is also termed as a telecom company, but they mainly come under the data networking head.
According to a recent report by India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), India has the second-largest telecommunications market in the world. It is divided into three segments namely — wireless, wireline, and internet services. The wireless segment accounted for 98.25% of the total subscriber base in January 2020. India is also the second-largest based on the number of internet subscribers. Moreover, it holds the highest data usage per smartphone in the world. Some top telecom companies in India are Jio, Airtel, Vi, BSNL, etc.
When it comes to forming sales strategies for the telecom industry, you must understand that using your regular strategies will not help. Identifying your weaknesses and overcoming them is necessary. Just follow the simple tips listed below and shoot up your sales figures.
1) Identify telecommunication pain points — Treat your clients as your partners. Try to understand their needs and identify their pain points. Any effective relationship is based on a great understanding. Ask your prospects questions like do they need a 5G technology or are they dissatisfied with their present provider and why.
2) Practice active listening — If you ask a salesperson, they would always say that selling depends on how you speak. Only a few of them understand the importance of listening. When you listen to your prospect, they feel appreciated and valued. Moreover, you get to know them, and identifying their needs or pain points becomes easy.
3) Target the company stakeholders — You will find that in most companies, before investing in telecommunication or any other important aspect, they have to take the approval of their stakeholders. You could make your job much more convenient if you directly target the stakeholders of the company. This would help you to cut the chain shorter and close the deal faster.
4) Use your prospect’s competitors — When you find that your client is benefiting from your services, immediately target their competitors. Show your prospect about how their competitor is surpassing them with the help of your services. It could be a hard hit for your prospect. This would increase your chances of closing the deal.
5) Predict rejections and overcome them — Rejection is a part of daily life for any salesperson. What makes you distinct is how you handle them. You must anticipate the rejections that your prospect may throw in front of you. Proper planning, research, and preparation would enable you to overcome any of these rejections and close the deal.
6) Explain about installations — The fear of change is the reason for most of the rejections. Your prospect may be afraid of how complicated installations could affect their work and result in a decline in their profits. If you explain to them about your easy installation process, you could get rid of this fear and close the deal.
7) Offer excellent post-sale support — Most of the clients get frustrated if they do not get proper post-sale support and eventually change their service provider. If you want to retain your clients and attract the new ones, make sure that you provide excellent post-sale support and that your clients are satisfied with the same.
8) Deliver your pitch at the right time — Timing plays an important role in winning or losing the deal. Always avoid the end of the year or quarter because that is the time when most companies are busy struggling with their profits and expenses. There is a high chance of getting a ‘no’ in return no matter what strategy you apply.
9) Give an approximate ROI — Whenever you are selling any service, especially telecommunications, give your prospects an approximate ROI that they would enjoy being your customers. Using numbers always proves to be beneficial when trying to gain the confidence of your prospect.
10) Emphasize long-term benefits — Highlighting how your telecommunication service would benefit your prospect’s long-term profitability is essential when you are trying to secure a sale. Emphasize how your service would help decrease their maintenance costs and increase compatibility with new applications.
Now, as an effective SALESPERSON! We can do three things from here.
1) Ignoring the opportunity and blaming the situation for revenue loss.
2) Taking important notes and going back to revisit your sales strategy with the growth mindset.
3) Reaching out to us if you need any specialized help for sales.
To conclude, what you choose to think also provides some idea of your development as a consultative salesperson. It is something like Dr. Henry Link’s quote, “We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action.”