The DriveSales™ | Proven and highly recommended sales strategies on how to increase your sales on JioMart!
JioMart was soft-launched in December 2019 and it deals in grocery and daily needs from nearby vendors. Reliance Industries Limited has the ownership of this company and is the parent company. It lures its customers by offering attractive deals on staples and groceries nationwide. It has multi-folded its advertisement using a door to door policy. It sells products in smaller quantities influencing buyers to purchase frequently procuring goods from local vendors.
US-based social media platform Facebook announced over Rs.43,000 crore investment in Reliance Jio, JioMart will also be able to leverage the other in-house offerings including WhatsApp order booking and delivery for the company.
(Analysis of JioMart | Opportunity and Threats)
Opportunity on JioMart:
1) Quick Shopping feature which stands different among all websites also known as Shop Faster enables a user to quickly order the products.
2) WhatsApp Ordering is a unique feature in itself as the customers can directly place their orders through WhatsApp. This feature stands apart as other grocery websites do not support the same. For customers, it is a very convenient way to shop. People having less knowledge about apps and are familiar with WhatsApp can simply order their daily essentials and also an add on benefit for old people.
3) Vocal for Local, unlike Amazon it is completely Indian and this counts as a mutual benefit for both sellers and buyers because the revenue generated remains in India and the monetary benefits remain in the country.
4) Faster Shipping is also an advantage for JioMart as it has tie-up with local vendors which facilitates faster delivery. This makes it time saving and efficient.
5) Access to Reliance Stores, as it purely gives an online browsing experience of fresh market we visit often. If we buy Reliance products, we get huge discounts.
Potential Threats on JioMart:
1) Non- availability of products — It is found that products from several brands are not present on the website. Besides the alternatives, people do not go for some random brands and trust in products that they regularly consume. People are habituated with the product they use. There were more goods from Goodlife brand and Reliance’s products than other branded products Small packages of the products are not available due to which many customers do not purchase a cause of limited income. All the items ordered are not be delivered due to shortage, but it does not show that the product is out of stock while ordering.
2) No time slots — Other websites give an option of time slot delivery for delivering the products at the right time to their customers but JioMart does not give a time slot to their customers as they can deliver their product whenever they wish.
3) Lesser customer satisfaction — Customers on an average get lesser satisfaction regarding cancellation of prepaid orders and it shows more time in delivering the products than shown in reality. Customers also complained that when the product was not delivered the website showed that it was delivered.
4) Higher Prices — Price of veggies, and fruits are higher than the local market. (Example the onions were listed at a price tag of Rs. 55/kg whereas I got it at Rs. 40in the local market). If we get higher prices on an online website, why would customers buy the products? It shows how the particular website is making a mockery of customer ignorance and fooling customers with high prices
SALES Strategies on JioMart:
1) O2O Business Model — JioMart works on an offline to offline mode of working as it connects offline sellers to potential buyers, this enables faster access to the products purchased.
2) Price — One of the most attractive strategies, JioMart has its customer satisfying price policy.
3) Place — By the various broadly spread circulatory channels, Jio products, and other grocery items are sold out at various stores and local vendors located in several cities in India. Reliance Fresh stores have evolved into India’s largest supply chain in a short period that turns out to be an augmented platform for distribution. It incorporates a huge number of branded and personal brands.
4) Promotion — When it comes to making positive brand consciousness, JioMart has adopted a bit aggressive marketing strategy including launching ad campaigns on television, radio, newspapers, magazines, and social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. They also have used celebrities for mass promotion.
5) Single Name — The most powerful sale strategy of Jio is creating brands under this name for easier marketing and customer reach, by using this name people can trust it as it is a service from a popular telecom brand. This type of branding is also known as Family Branding which refers to Family Bundling. In this method, the brand has to create trust in customers.
6) Reviews make you grow — Customer feedback is important regardless of whether it is positive or negative. You know you are on the right track and new customers are on their way when you receive positive feedback. But, do not let any negative review demotivate you. Negative feedback gives you room to grow and improve. Furthermore, it helps you understand your customer’s tastes and preferences as well.
7) Ensure Good Packaging — As JioMart sells mostly semi -perishable and perishable goods so it should have good packaging and ensure timely shipping. Packing and packaging should be eco-friendly and eye-catchy.
Now, as an effective SALESPERSON! We can do three things from here.
1) Not ignoring the opportunity and blaming the situation for revenue loss.
2) Taking important notes and going back to revisit your sales strategy with the growth mindset.
3) Reaching out to The DriveSales™ if you need any specialized help for sales.
To conclude, what you choose to think also provides some idea of your development as a consultative salesperson. It is something like Walt Disney’s quote, “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”