The DriveSales™ | Proven and highly recommended sales strategies on how to increase your sales on BigBasket and Grofers!
Who could believe that even groceries could be bought online in the 21st century? But every reality today, back then was considered a joke. Online grocery shopping was invented in 1997 when one of the first online supermarkets jumped into the field in Washington.
Today, the crisis has made a good impact on the online grocery industry. As suggested by Economic times, Grofers and BigBasket showed a five-fold increase in its demand during the initial phase of the lockdown. Today, BigBasket fulfills over 300,000 orders a day while before the crisis, it used to serve 150,000 orders a day.
Analysis — BigBasket and Grofers
Opportunities and threats (BigBasket) — Retail market in India values more than about $550 million of which 60% is covered by grocery alone. Therefore, grocery has a huge market that can cater to a lot of businesses as well as customers. India’s E-commerce grocery market, having a growth rate of 19%, is the sixth-largest in the world. The biggest advantage of BigBasket is cross-selling. They sell multiple products with the help of product bundling.
Having a small presence based on cities covered, it gets good competition from other start-ups. Moreover, bigger players like Amazon, Flipkart, and Google have also entered this industry giving a tough completion. As customers are difficult to retain because they tend to tilt towards discounts, it imposes a great threat to the business.
Opportunities and threats (Grofers) — Grofers is in an amazing position to grow its market share because of globalization in the international market. It can also optimize standardization to reduce its number of offerings and focus on the most favourable products.
Increasing the costs of working in a developed market is imposing a substantial threat to Grofers’ profits. Easy access to credit may not be available due to recession, so Grofers needs to buckle up and reduce its dependence on debt.
Being a business, continuously trying to boost your sales is essential for its healthy growth. If you are wondering how to increase your sales on sites like Grofers and BigBasket, navigate through the points listed below.
1) Personalized call-to-action — Call-to-action is any element of a web page that directs you to take a particular action. Try to personalize your call-to-action according to the customers you want to target. It greatly helps to increase your conversions and encourages them to take the action.
2) Ensure fast delivery — Fast deliveries give the best customer satisfaction. People tend to order online more because they want to save their time. So, when you deliver on or before the time your customer retention rate increases along with your customer acquisition rate.
3) Pop-up offers — Pop-up offers to help you to offer a particular coupon or discount to the customers who fill out your forms. It can significantly increase your sales and at the same time improve your contacts. Provide something relevant to your pop-ups that attract your customers.
4) Give surprise rewards — Offering your loyal and regular customers some surprise rewards like discounts or coupons would shoot up customer satisfaction. After all, who doesn’t like surprises? Free shipping, free products, and such other things would encourage your customers to buy from you repeatedly.
5) Socialize — Socializing about your available products is the best way to attract prospects. What better place to socialize than social media? Display your products on all social media platforms, especially on Facebook. You will find most of the prospects you want to target on Facebook, so focus on marketing more through Facebook Ads.
6) Make safety your priority — During this period of crisis, the main concern of your customers is safety. When you make safety your priority, you start gaining the trust of your customers. They not only save their time by ordering online but also ensure that their needs are in safe hands, ultimately increasing your sales.
7) Use customer feedback — Customer feedbacks are essential to gather information. Positive or negative, feedback is necessary for the improvement and growth of your business. When your customers are happy and satisfied, they recommend your services to others as well, increasing your customer acquisition rate at the end.
Now, as an effective SALESPERSON! We can do three things from here.
1) Ignoring the opportunity and blaming the situation for revenue loss.
2) Taking important notes and going back to revisit your sales strategy with the growth mindset.
3) Reaching out to us if you need any specialized help for sales.
To conclude, what you choose to think also provides some idea of your development as a consultative salesperson. It is something like G. K. Chesterton’s quote, “The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to close it again on something solid.”