The DriveSales™ | Sales strategy for salon and parlor to attract more customers!
A salon is more important than anyone gives it credit for. When one says salon the first thing that comes to mind is women getting their haircut, but with all honestly a salon is as important for women as for men. What is more important is to find the perfect salon. The business runs on trust and loyalty. If you are anything like me then you would shave off your hair, then give it to the hands of someone you do not trust enough. If you own a salon then don’t worry here are a few strategies you can implement to make sure people don’t chop off their hair on their own but trust you enough to come and let your professionals handle it.
Why do salons need marketing?
It does not take Shre-LOCK Holmes (pun intended) business has really high competition. There is a salon at almost every street end. This makes it particularly important for a salon to stand out and not only that but also with the easy access learning provided by the internet people are cutting their own hair. Though not professional it makes do. Hence, investing in marketing for your salon business can work a great deal.
Here are the proven and highly recommended sales practices for salon and parlor:
1. Punch cards — Honestly when we find a hairdresser, we would swim the Arabian sea to get to them then let anyone else touch our hair and we are sure that we are not the only ones. The customer tends to go back to the hairdresser they trust and are comfortable with. Then why not show them you care? Give our loyal clients a punch card. Maybe for every 5 times, they come you can offer a discount on the 6th time. This shows that you value your clients. It also earns loyalty.
2. Referral codes — Well, why not give the customers an incentive as they are doing your marketing for free. Maybe a referral code with a 10–15% discount to show your gratitude towards them.
3. Yelp will help — If you are not on yelp then you basically don’t exist. Exploit the power of the internet. Millennial's rely on sites like yelp to find the right fit for them. Hence you got to do it too. You can just claim your business and make sure you are on top of your game when it comes to replying to customers’ reviews. You can also use discounts for clients for example 10 to 15% off haircuts with manicures.
4. Geo-targeted ads — One can use features provided by Google and Facebook to attract more clients and make sure that one’s business is on top of its own game by enabling geo-location one can make sure that clients are at a feasible distance from the salon one does not want clients from Mumbai when the salon is in New Delhi period.
5. Mobile ads — Almost everyone has minicomputers by that I mean Smartphones in the pockets having your targeted Geo location as on phones makes it very convenient for clients to clients to search for any kind of service they need. hence using this to our advantage will attract more clients and make sure that one can easily find the salon services they need.
6. Show of the glow ups — When your client was waiting in the waiting area instead of having magazines why not try and have a compilation of hairstyles and do-overs by your very own staff full stop this not only gives clients more ideas as to what kind of haircut or look they should go for but also as a personal touch and shows of what your salon is capable of.
7. Allow online reservation — Now this is crucial because the generation we live in can get a little awkward on the phone and would prefer to reserve that slot online considering the busy lifestyle and the lack of time this not only helps the customer but also help the salon to make sure the client is happy and satisfied with the service.
8. Get on social media — Social media is the modern age newspaper gone are the days when flyers and templates were a mode of advertising using social media hashtags and running as in social media can attract a lot of clients. showcase your talents using features like heels on Instagram and stories as well.
9. Run email campaigns — This works wonders email is one of the most important modes of communication collect emails of clients when they walked into the store and then periodically send emails about relevant topics and also discounts and offers that are being offered by the salon.
Now, as an effective SALESPERSON! We can do three things from here.
1) Not ignoring the opportunity and blaming the situation for revenue loss.
2) Taking important notes and going back to revisit your sales strategy with the growth mindset.
3) Reaching out to The DriveSales™ if you need any specialized help for sales.
To conclude, what you choose to think also provides some idea of your development as a consultative salesperson. It is something like Harry Winston’s quote “People will stare make it worth their while.”