The DriveSales™ | Solution Selling: The ultimate guide to build your process and close more deals!
Every sales business thrives on the single fact — solve the business problems or issues of your customer. The single most important thing that sets you apart from the vast competition of your sales domain is the way you analyze your client’s needs and devise an appropriate and efficient solution.
All your efforts should be directed to solve your prospect’s business issues with a single goal of achieving customer satisfaction with your proposed solution.
There can also be situations where your client himself is unaware of the various problems in their business model. Thus, this crucial responsibility lies in your hands as a salesperson to figure out the issue and to propose relevant steps to mitigate that issue.
Hence, here solution selling steps in.
Solution selling and its use:
Solution selling is a sales strategy where a salesperson understands and diagnoses his client’s business as a whole and proposes relevant actionable and effective ways to incorporate his product/service to eliminate or reduce the prospect’s concerns and problems.
Solution selling is one of the most prominent ways of sales methodology. It is a way to show your prospect that you not only care about your own business but also theirs. Solution selling can not be on a superficial level. It needs some special qualities such as patience and empathy.
Along with these qualities, you also need relevant knowledge about the business and industry of your prospect. Since you will be deep-diving into the diagnoses of your client’s business, you need to be armed with the appropriate knowledge weapons. Otherwise, you will not be able to come up with fruitful results and will just waste your as well as your client’s resources.
Solution selling forms a very structured approach to bag a client. Normally, salespersons try to find a prospect that aligns with their products or services. But with solution selling, we follow a reverse strategy. In this methodology, we try to understand the client’s needs and then find the various functionalities in our business to meet those needs.
Solution selling process:
1) Look for prospects — Though solution selling is a reverse process, still you need to do a prospect search to find the clients that have a problem that your products or services can solve. However, this search need not be an extensive one like the regular ones.
2) Diagnose the problem — Once you have narrowed down your prospects and have begun an initial conversation, now you need to find the problem in their business that you can solve using your own products or services.
3) Strategize and eliminate — Create a well-strategized plan that covers all the parts that your prospect wants to implement in his business. Focus on eliminating the issues and adding value to your client’s business.
4) Present — Now that you have an action plan ready to go, you need to pitch it to your client and explain your approach and reasons thoroughly at each step.
5) Close — This will be the final stage of solution selling. Here, you and your prospect reach a mutually beneficial agreement and sign the legal contract.
Now, as an effective SALESPERSON! We can do three things from here.
1. Not ignoring the opportunity and blaming the situation for revenue loss.
2. Taking important notes and going back to revisit your sales strategy with the growth mindset.
3. Reaching out to The DriveSales™ if you need any specialized help for sales.
To conclude, what you choose to think also provides some idea of your development as a consultative salesperson. It is something like Brian Tracy quotes “Approach each customer with the idea of helping him or her solve a problem or achieve a goal, not of selling a product or service.”