The DriveSales™ | Top 10 Indicators of a High-Performing B2B Salespeople!
With the advent of technology, prospects now have access to unlimited sources of information. If you want to build a high-performing sales organization in an increasingly competitive market, your team has to change the way they sell.
It is important we, as a salesperson have the complete framework, essentials skills, and practical tools to reach higher levels of sales performance.
Here are the top 10 indicators of high-performing B2B salespeople.
1) Active Listener — Showing good oratory skills is highly needed in sales but being an active listener is more important, it vital you give chance to your prospect and make them explain their pain points, active listening will give you better clarity on “how to approach” solution to client’s problem.
2) Consistent and Persistent — In sales, you bound to have more rejections than actual conversions, but you show perseverance, every rejection can be a lesson and can become a stepping stone to actual conversion.
3) Strong Research and Communication Skills — Having an ability to do in-depth research on prospects, identifying problem statements, and curating customize sales pitch is part of daily sales routine and must needed traits of high performing salespeople.
4) Proactive — As Napoleon Hill once said, “The man who does more than he is paid for will soon be paid for more than he does.” Never hesitate to take the extra mile or execute the work before you asked for. Having a long-term vision will help you reach the stars.
5) Open to coaching & mentorship — Somewhere I read, “Today the lines between mentoring and networking are blurring. Welcome to the world of mentworking” Having a manager, leader, colleagues, or trainers — all our source of learning, don’t shy away for help and assistance as and when you feel necessary.
6) The passion of Learning New Things — Learning new things doesn’t always mean related to your core field, spend some time on complementary skills that can add values to your sales such as basics of digital marketing, etc.
7) Avid Reader — It is difficult to find separate time to read books, but I say we don’t need to find time; we just need to discover the time we don’t see. Yes, you hustle, hustle a lot, but if you look closely, you have time while you travel for a client meeting, you have to time while you wait for client at your favorite coffee shop, and more time when your prospects politely ask you to wait in the lounge before they can hear your pitch! So next time, make sure you have books along with your laptop and as soon as you get a second, don’t forget to flip a page.
8) Growth Mindset — Nothing works better than having a growth mindset attitude, sales, no sales. Even in life, you will face challenges, roadblock after roadblock, but having a “never give up” traits and always trying on more time will always work. Don’t forget “The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph.”
9) Ability to Articulate — “Data is the new oil” — probably you will hear this often but data becomes the oil once you can articulate data in your favour or get something meaningful out of data.
10) Creative Problem-Solving Skills — Having an ability to approach a problem with a different mindset, something which is not traditional is always helpful. And in sales, you will face many impediments that will demand non-traditional solution techniques.
Now, as an effective SALESPERSON! We can do three things from here.
1) Ignoring the opportunity and blaming the situation for revenue loss.
2) Taking important notes and going back to revisit your sales strategy with the growth mindset.
3) Reaching out to us if you need any specialized help for sales.
To conclude, what you choose to think also provides some idea of your development as a consultative salesperson. It is something like Conrad Hilton’s quote “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes but they never quit.”